It can be hard to keep up with what’s going on in the software engineering scene. To keep myself updated I normally spend my commute time listening to software engineering podcasts and today I’m going to share my list.
- Fragmented Podcast, mostly Android related. From time to time, some general Java episodes. A must have for any Android developer out there.
- Software Engineering Daily, an all round podcast with daily episodes. Usually the focus is around frameworks, tools, big data, databases, programming languages and what not related to software engineering. A must have for any software engineer. They also have a very good newsletter, make sure you subscribe it.
- The Change Log, another all round podcast. With episodes from frameworks, software architecture to unit testing and tools. Another must have for any software engineer.
- Java Pub House, a more Java and Java EE focused podcast. Usually discussing Java and Java EE concepts, frameworks and APIs, like REST services, ThreadLocal and Spring Framework.
- Software Engineering Radio, another all round podcast. Mostly featuring frameworks, tools, big data, programming languages and software architecture. A must have for any software engineer.
- Soft Skills Engineering, a weekly podcast about soft skills for software engineers. A funny and easy to listen podcast. Recommended.
- The Magpie Talkshow, a podcast by Sam Newman. Mostly interviews with well known and reputable software engineers.
Newly added to my list but yet to listen to an episode: